- Published on Thursday, 24 April 2014 20:24
Trans* Coalition on post-soviet space is a network consolidating trans* activists from post-soviet states. The Coalition was formed during the trans* camp that took place in Ukraine in July, 2013. Currently the Coalition consists of activists from Armenia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine.
The mission of the coalition is to improve living conditions of trans* people in post-soviet states by representing their interests in public space, spreading information on transgenderism, raising awareness of post-soviet and international institutions on trans* issues, working with academic researchers investigating trans* issues. The coalition also plans to represent post-soviet region in international discussions on trans* issues.
The long-term goals of the Coalitions are as follows:
- deconstruction of patriarchy, cisnormativity and heteronormativity;
- elimination of other intersecting discriminations;
- formation of gender-neutral language;
- depatologization of gender variance;
- abolition of gender in the documents;
- adoption of legal gender recognition procedures based on the standarts of human rights;
- recognition of reproductive and parental rights of trans* people, abolition of forced sterilization;
- abolition of forced sex change operations of intersex children;
- financial availability of medical services for trans* people;
- adoption of complex anti-discrimination legislation.
The values of Trans* Coalition include gender variability, non-cisnormativity, non-hierarchy, nonviolence, inclusiveness, intersectionality, sex-positivity and sex-variativity.
Feel free to contact us on email@example.com for aditional information.